OUR INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
Our business abroad makes up a significant part of our activity which grows year after year. All our lawyers are trained to carry out their work both in English and in French, depending on the different requirements of their cases, some of them can also work in Spanish, German or Portuguese.
The nature of these international assignments can vary:
- We primarily advise foreign companies on their business in France, whether concerning investments or basic contractual relations with local partners.
- We also assist companies based in France with their development and growth strategies within foreign markets, including the negotiation of international agreements or monitoring disputes abroad with our foreign correspondents, known as our “good friends”.
- DDG also manages international legal projects which require the coordination of foreign colleagues working in different parts of the world (getting a European advertising campaign approved, coordinating the acquisition of companies established in different countries etc.).
- Lastly, our Hubmarques service platform operates an international network of lawyers dedicated to the protection of our clients’ trademarks, as detailed below.
Our “good friends” around the world
Our firm handpicks its international correspondents from around the world.
DDG has chosen not to belong to any international network that binds its members to exclusivity, as it wouldn’t be consistent with our policy to serve our clients to the best of our ability.
Our firm prefers to carefully select its correspondents wherever required, making sure they are leading experts regarding our clients’ specific legal issues. Such a method allows us to best respond to our clients’ international needs, providing the same degree of specialization as we do in Paris.
We therefore cover the usual international business zones, including Europe, North America, but also emerging countries such as China, India, Brazil and Russia, where many of our clients do business.
Our international awards
Deprez Guignot Associés is regularly honored by international rating agencies (Chambers, Best Lawyers, Legal 500, Who's who, etc) which annually publish a ranking of the top specialized law firms in every country. Such awards enhance our international reputation.
Our involvement in international events
Our firm regularly takes part in international events that focus on our own fields of expertise. This gives us the opportunity to share our experience with fellow lawyers and meet foreign clients and lawyers who wish to make use of our services.
For example, DDG takes part each year in:
- The INTA (International Trademark Association) which regroups 10,000 Intellectual Property experts from around the world. The most recent meeting took place in Dallas in May 2013.
- The VITAFOODS fair which gathers experts from the healthcare and agrifood industries. The most recent fair was in Geneva in May 2013.
- The Axe européen du droit du luxe et de la mode (European axis of law for luxury goods and the fashion industry). DDG is one of the four European founding members (the other three are from England, Switzerland and Italy) and we organize a yearly international round table event on a theme related to these industries. The most recent one took place in Paris on June 13th, 2013 and the theme was “MADE IN” Europe for fashion and luxury companies.
Our network of international partners in the Hubmarques service platform
For more than 20 years, the DDG hubmarques service platform has developed a worldwide network of international partners with lawyers specialized in the management of portfolio of intellectual property (trademarks and designs). These international correspondents manage our clients’ portfolios of industrial property rights in close consultation with our firm, and take over of our client’s local disputes in line with our strategic approach.
Thus we cover most of the countries where our clients are in business, especially in Europe, North and South America, Asia the Near East and the Middle East.